- My teaching is not a philosophy. It is the result of direct experience.
- My teaching is a means of practice, not something to hold onto or worship.
- My teaching is like a raft used to cross the river.
- Only a fool would carry the raft around after he had already reached the other shore of liberation.
- Do not accept any of my words on faith,
- Believing them just because I said them.
- Be like an analyst buying gold, who cuts, burns,
- And critically examines his product for authenticity.
- Only accept what passes the test
- By proving useful and beneficial in your life.
- Those who really seek the path to enlightenment dictate terms to their mind. They then proceed with strong determination.
- Be urgent in good; hold your thoughts off evil. When one is slack in doing good the mind delights in evil.
- Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.